AUSSICA BUTTERFLY PEA FLOWER (Clitoria Ternatea) TEA is nothing but an extra-ordinary TISANE (MEDICINAL) or HERBAL TEA and a power-house of nutrients with numerous health benefits. It is a bounty to keep your body and mind healthy to maximum level in a beautiful natural way without spending your hard earnings on expensive medicines and visiting health professionals.
BUTTERFLY PEA FLOWER TEA (aka ELECTRIC BLUE BEVERAGE due to its sparkling colour) is native to South East Asia and has been around for centuries. It is derived from the Clitoria Ternatea plant, also called the butterfly blue pea or Asian pigeonwings. It has recently gained popularity due to its tremendous health benefits. This caffeine-free, herbal blue tea is actually a TISANE (MEDICINAL) or HERBAL TEA.
Not surprisingly, blue tea is now very much sought after, for its tremendous potential to augment physical and mental wellbeing. Being naturally caffeine-free and a completely herbal concoction, butterfly pea flower is also a powerhouse of antioxidants. It contains significant amounts of the catechin EGCG – epigallocatechin gallate, as well as a host of anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting components such as flavonoids, tannins and polyphenols. It’s been used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine as a memory enhancer, a stress alleviator, to lift the mood, and it is believed to balance blood sugar levels.
Green tea and black tea are common, but how about trying the butterfly pea flower tea?
Let us highlight the numerous health benefits of AUSSICA BUTTERFLY PEA FLOWER TEA.
- Nootropic – brain food – overall brain health
- Strengthens the hair – for healthy hair growth/prevent hair loss and greying
- Burns Cholesterol – cleans arteries, improves blood circulation and reduces significantly your vulnerability to cardiovascular diseases
- Highly effective in Weight Loss – due to its “catechins” content that add fat burning by boosting metabolism and inhibiting thermogenesis
- Aids diabetic activity by inhibiting glucose intake from the diet. Blue Tea is a good source of Polyphenols and has been proven to prevent Type I diabetes by controlling glucose metabolism in our body
- Anti-Aging – loaded with antioxidants– that helps boost circulation and collagen production and prevent premature ageing
- Prevents & Treats – Fatty liver issues by improving hepatic metabolism
- Possesses anti cancer properties – Noted anti-cancer and anti-tumour abilities resulting from cyclotides that cause cell death by disrupting cell membrane integrity
- Anti-pyretic – reduces fever by dilating the blood vessels just beneath the skin which increases blood flow near the surface of the skin where it can be more easily cooled by the air
- Improves eyesight & night vision – treats eye infections
- Keeps skin glowing & healthy
- Detoxifies the whole body
- Enhances immune system
- Treats urinary problems
- Enhances memory
AUSSICA BUTTERFLY PEA FLOWER TEA is often flavoured with cardamom, cinnamon, ginger and a range of herbs of your choice.
Blue Tea tastes as amazing as it looks poured in your cuppa straight out of heaven. Ideally, you should have blue tea in just hot water, but if you crave for sweet taste then add 1 tsp honey and you are in for a pleasant surprise. Squeeze a lemon for that added punch of weight-loss, anti-aging, and all-the-more-healthy compounds. Just adding a few drops of lemon juice transforms the electric blue tea into the most magnificent pink or purple coloured energy drink.
- Place the butterfly pea flowers (3-4) into a cup
- Add boiling water. Let it sit for 4-5 minutes or until the water turns into a bright blue colour
- Add few drops of lime or lemon juice
- Sweeten with sugar or honey to taste if desired
- Boil a cup or 1 liter of water
- Add 2-3 Cardamom pods into boiling water
- For added health benefits, add a small piece of Cinnamon (half inch for 1 cup & 1 inch long piece for 1 liter)
- Let them boil for a minute or two
- Now throw 10 flowers to boiling water & let boil for a minute until water turns into bright blue colour
- Switch off the flame and strain the tea and serve with lemon and honey (add honey, if not diabetic).
HOW TO MAKE ICED BUTTERFLY PEA FLOWER TEA?
- Steep 2-3 pea flowers in steaming hot water for about 2 minutes
- Strain the liquid and let it be cold
- Add ice cubes, few drops of lemon or lime and add honey
- Serve as chilled
NOTE: For making just 1 cup, use 2-3 flowers. If you are making tea for 3 to 4 cups, use 7 to 10 flowers.
AUSSICA BUTTERFLY PEA FLOWER TEA – THE BEST NUTRITIONAL DRINK TO LOWER BLOOD SUGAR & CHOLESTEROL LEVELS WHEN SERVED HOT WITH CARDAMOM & CINNAMON
DISCALIMER: None of our products is intended to replace your prescribed medications or routine medications, treat any ailments or cure any diseases. If you are suffering from any medical conditions or ailments and taking medicines, please consult your medical and/or health professional prior to use our products. Under any circumstances, Aussica Naturals would not be accountable for any potential health risk or damage that may occur to your mental or physical health due to your negligence and/or improper use of our products.