Lemongrass also called “Citronella“, is a tall, stalky plant. Aussica Lemongrass Tea has a fresh, very pleasant, lemony aroma and a citrus flavour, if prepared with 2-3 pods of green cardamom. Lemongrass is also used as a folk remedy to promote sleep, relieve pain, and boost immunity.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF AUSSICA LEMONGRASS TEA
- Antioxidant Properties
Lemongrass contains several antioxidants, which may help prevent dysfunction of cells inside your coronary arteries.
Heart disease and stroke are two illnesses where inflammation is thought to have a factor. Citral and geranial, two of lemongrass’ primary constituents, are assumed to be in charge of its anti-inflammatory effects. These substances are thought to aid in preventing the release of several inflammatory indicators in your body.
Lemongrass tea’s antibacterial qualities may help treat cavities and oral infections.
Lemongrass’s citral is also believed to possess potent anticancer properties against specific cancer cell lines. Lemongrass has a number of substances that fight cancer. This happens either by directly killing cancer cells or by strengthening your immune system so that your body can more effectively fight against cancer on its own.
- Promotes Healthy Digestion
The go-to alternative treatment for upset stomach, stomach cramps, and other digestive issues is a cup of lemongrass tea. Lemongrass may also be effective against gastric ulcers.
One well-known diuretic is lemongrass. A diuretic causes you to urinate more frequently, helping your body get rid of extra sodium and water. If you have edema, liver failure, or heart failure, diuretics are frequently recommended.
- Lowers Cholesterol
Hight cholesterol may increase your risk of heart attack or stroke. Lemongrass tea may help to lower the cholesterol.
- Weight Loss
Lemongrass tea is used as a “DETOX TEA” to kick-start your metabolism and help you lose weight.
- Relieves Symptoms of PMS
Lemongrass tea is used as a natural remedy for menstrual cramps, bloating, and hot flashes due to its stomach-soothing and anti-inflammatory properties.
AUSSICA LEMONGRASS TEA is often flavoured with cardamom, cinnamon, ginger and a range of herbs of your choice.
Lemongrass Tea tastes as amazing as it looks poured in your cuppa straight out of heaven. Ideally, you should have in just hot water, but if you crave for sweet taste then add 1 tsp honey and you are in for a pleasant surprise. Squeeze a lemon for that added punch of weight-loss, anti-aging, and all-the-more-healthy compounds. Just adding a few drops of lemon juice transforms the tea into nutritious energy drink.
DIRECTIONS – HOW TO MAKE A CUPPA?
- Place the less than half teaspoon of lemongrass into a cup
- Add boiling water. Let it sit for 4-5 minutes or until the water turns into a bright yellow.
- Add few drops of lime or lemon juice
- Sweeten with sugar or honey to taste (if desired).
- Boil 1 cup of water
- Add 3 green cardamom pods into boiling water
- For added health benefits, add a small piece of cinnamon (half inch for 1 cup & 1 inch long piece for 1 liter)
- Let them boil for a minute or two
- Now throw a quarter teaspoon of lemongrass to boiling water & let it boil for a minute until water turns to pale yellow.
- Switch off the flame and strain the tea and serve with lemon and honey (add honey, if not diabetic).
HOW MANY TIMES CAN BE TAKEN?
- To limit your risk of side effects, start with one cup daily. If you tolerate this well, you can drink more. Stop drinking the tea or cut back if you experience any side effects.
DISCALIMER: None of our products is intended to replace your prescribed medications or routine medications, treat any ailments or cure any diseases. If you are suffering from any medical conditions or ailments and taking medicines, please consult your medical and/or health professional prior to use our products. Under any circumstances, Aussica Naturals would not be accountable for any potential health risk or damage that may occur to your mental or physical health due to your negligence and/or improper use of our products.